Brown butter, camomile and honey mini muffins
- 50 gram unsalted butter
- 250 gram ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 camomile tea bags, leaves only (or ideally use 2 tablespoons whole, dried camomile flowers ground to a fine powder)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup runny honey
Icing and decoration
- 250 gram cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 handful sliced almonds
Brown butter, chamomile and honey mini muffins
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with mini cupcake cases.
- 2Melt butter gently over a low heat in a saucepan, stirring only occasionally with a whisk, until milk solids sink to the bottom and it starts to turn golden brown (about 20 minutes). Allow to cool.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine all the dry ingredients.
- 4Gradually mix in brown butter, eggs and honey, being careful not to over-mix. It will be quite a thick, stiff batter.
- 5Evenly divide the batter between the mini cupcake cases.
- 6Bake for around 20-25 minutes or until golden in colour and springy to the touch. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- 7Make icing by beating cream cheese, vanilla and honey in your electric mixer until smooth.
- 8Once muffins are totally cooled, ice with a piping bag or small spatula and top with a slice of almond.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rosé sangriaYesterday 11:53pm
- ChurrosYesterday 2:00pm
- SangriaYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalYesterday 10:20am
- SpanakopitaYesterday 6:57am
- Lamb birriaYesterday 6:40am
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsYesterday 3:32am
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 2:29am
- Chilli con carneYesterday 2:15am
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesYesterday 12:18am
- 23 easy bread recipesMay 18, 2022
- VichyssoiseMay 18, 2022
- Classic margaritaMay 18, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinMay 18, 2022
- Romesco sauceMay 18, 2022