- 3 tablespoon brazil and cashew nut spread
- 1 tablespoon white miso (shiro) paste
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon white miso (shiro) paste
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 gram free-range chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 200 gram broccolini, halved lengthways
- 170 gram asparagus, trimmed, halved on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted cashews, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1Make creamy miso dressing: Place ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well until smooth.
- 2Combine miso, mirin and half the oil in a medium bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3Boil, steam or microwave broccolini and asparagus until tender; drain. Cover to keep warm.
- 4Heat remaining oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat; cook chicken for 2 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes, then shred coarsely.
- 5Place chicken, broccolini and asparagus in a large bowl with cashews, herbs and dressing; toss to combine.
White miso (shiro) is sweeter and milder in taste than brown, red and black miso, making it perfect for dressings. It is available from most major supermarkets and Asian food stores. You will need 1 bunch of broccolini and 1 bunch of asparagus for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019