- 3 tablespoon brazil and cashew nut spread
- 1 tablespoon white miso (shiro) paste
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon white miso (shiro) paste
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 gram free-range chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 200 gram broccolini, halved lengthways
- 170 gram asparagus, trimmed, halved on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted cashews, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1Make creamy miso dressing: Place ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well until smooth.
- 2Combine miso, mirin and half the oil in a medium bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3Boil, steam or microwave broccolini and asparagus until tender; drain. Cover to keep warm.
- 4Heat remaining oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat; cook chicken for 2 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes, then shred coarsely.
- 5Place chicken, broccolini and asparagus in a large bowl with cashews, herbs and dressing; toss to combine.
White miso (shiro) is sweeter and milder in taste than brown, red and black miso, making it perfect for dressings. It is available from most major supermarkets and Asian food stores. You will need 1 bunch of broccolini and 1 bunch of asparagus for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Chamomile honey cakeMar 07, 2019