- 2 cups (400g) jasmine rice
- 500 grams broccoli, cut into florets, stems chopped
- 6 coriander roots
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup (160g) tom yum paste
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 600 grams uncooked large prawns (shrimp), peeled, deveined, chopped
- 400 grams green beans, cut into 1 cm lengths
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ½ cup (75g) roasted cashews, chopped coarsely
- lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- 1Place rice in a sieve under cold running water until water runs clear. Place 2 cups (500ml) water in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Add rice; return to the boil. Cover with a lid; reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Spread rice on an oven tray. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold (see tip).
- 2Pulse broccoli in a food processor until chopped finely to resemble rice.
- 3Wash coriander roots and chop coarsely.
- 4Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl until well combined.
- 5Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add tom yum paste, coriander root and ginger; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- 6Add prawns; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until prawns start to change colour. Add green beans and broccoli; stir-fry for 1 minute or until almost tender. Add rice and egg mixture to prawn mixture; stir-fry for a further 3 minutes or until egg is cooked. Stir coriander leaves through rice.
- 7Top fried rice with cashews; serve with lime wedges.
To make this faster, place the cooked rice in the freezer for 15 minutes to cool it down quickly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020