Broad bean dip
- 500 gram (1 pound) frozen broad beans (fava beans)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, extra
Broad bean dip
- 1Cook beans in medium saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, peel away grey-coloured outer shells from beans.
- 2Blend or process beans with garlic, spices, oil, juice, mint and enough of the reserved cooking liquid until mixture is smooth.
- 3Serve dip drizzled with extra oil and sprinkled with extra paprika.
Dip can be made a day ahead; store, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- How to cook lamb backstrapNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 20, 2019