- 125 gram butter
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine butter, dates and honey. Bring to boil on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cornflakes, oats, coconut, flour, apricots and sugar. Pour butter mixture over cornflake mixture, blending until combined.
- 4Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- 5Cool in pan. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
This slice is best cut while still slightly warm.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm