- 1½ cups (45g) firmly packed baby leaves (see tip)
- 200 grams brussels sprouts, shaved
- 2 cups (300g) crunch combo sprout mix
- 1 medium carrot (120g), cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup (35g) sunflower seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2½ tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- ⅓ cup (55g) roasted almonds
- ⅓ cup (50g) roasted cashews
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups (80g) baby kale leaves, chopped caorsely
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1Make kale pesto.
- 2Place baby leaves, brussels sprouts, sprout mix, carrot and seeds in a bowl; toss to combine. Whisk vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the honey in a small bowl; season to taste. Add dressing to salad; toss to coat.
- 3Half-fill a large frying pan with water; bring to the boil. Break 1 egg into a cup, then slide into pan. Repeat with another 3 eggs; return water to boil. Cover pan; turn off heat. Stand fo r4 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over the yolks. Remove eggs, one at a time, using a slotted spoon; place spoon on a paper-towel-lined plate briefly to blot up any poaching liquid. Repeat poaching with remaining eggs.
- 4Divide salad among bowls; top with avocado and eggs; spoon pesto over. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- 5Pulse nuts and garlic in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add kale, oil and vinegar; pulse to a fine paste. Add parmesan, season; pulse until just combined. Makes 1¼ cups.
We used a baby leaf micro herb mix of sorrel, parsley, coriander (cilantro) and radish.Leftover pesto can be covered with a thin layer of oil in an
airtight container, then refrigerated for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Piri piri chickenDec 02, 2021
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesDec 02, 2021
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeDec 02, 2021
- Chocolate fig panforteDec 02, 2021
- Christmas candy cane sliceDec 02, 2021
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021