- 125 gram canned kidney beans, rinsed, drained, mashed
- 1/2 cup (85g) cooked brown rice
- 2 20cm wholemeal tortillas
- 1/3 cup (40g) grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small eggs
- 160 gram cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 shallot (25g), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1To make tomato salsa: Combine ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine beans and rice. Spoon the bean mixture over half of each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Fold over to enclose.
- 3In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half the oil over medium heat; cook the quesadillas 2 minutes each side or until brown and crisp. Set aside; cover to keep warm.
- 4Heat remaining oil in same pan over low heat; cook eggs 3 minutes or until cooked how you like them.
- 5Top quesadillas with eggs and salsa.
You could also poach the eggs. Microwave tortillas in the packet to separate them if they are sticking together. If you want to cook your own rice, cook ¼ cup of brown rice; use the ½ cup cooked rice required, and save the remainder for another use.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsToday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotToday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladToday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019