- 125 gram canned kidney beans, rinsed, drained, mashed
- 1/2 cup (85g) cooked brown rice
- 2 20cm wholemeal tortillas
- 1/3 cup (40g) grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small eggs
- 160 gram cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 shallot (25g), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1To make tomato salsa: Combine ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine beans and rice. Spoon the bean mixture over half of each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Fold over to enclose.
- 3In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half the oil over medium heat; cook the quesadillas 2 minutes each side or until brown and crisp. Set aside; cover to keep warm.
- 4Heat remaining oil in same pan over low heat; cook eggs 3 minutes or until cooked how you like them.
- 5Top quesadillas with eggs and salsa.
You could also poach the eggs. Microwave tortillas in the packet to separate them if they are sticking together. If you want to cook your own rice, cook ¼ cup of brown rice; use the ½ cup cooked rice required, and save the remainder for another use.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020