- 2 desiree potatoes (600g)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 brown onion (150g), sliced thinly
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger (10g), grated finely
- 3 tomatoes (450g), chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 4 eggs
- 1Peel potatoes. Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with a little water. Microwave potatoes, covered, on high (100%) for 3 minutes. Cool slightly; cut into 1.5cm cubes.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook curry leaves for 1 minute or until crisp. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Add spices; cook, stirring, a further 30 seconds. Add onion to pan with ginger; cook, stirring, about 3 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add tomato to pan with potato, coconut and the water; cook, covered, over low heat about 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, bring water to the boil in a deep frying pan. Break one egg into a cup then slide into pan. When all eggs are in the pan; return to the boil. Cover pan; remove from heat. Stand 3 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over the eggs. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; drain on absorbent paper.
- 5Divide potato mixture between serving bowls; top with eggs and curry leaves.
We used fresh free-range eggs as they have thick egg whites that keep their shape while cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsToday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotToday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladToday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019