- 250 gram (8 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 420 gram (13½ ounces) canned kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped pickled jalapeño chillies (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large avocado
- 8 corn tortillas
- 50 gram (1½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (120g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1Preheat grill (broiler).
- 2Combine tomatoes and oil in a small shallow flameproof dish; grill about 15 minutes or until tomatoes have softened.
- 3Combine beans, parsley, chilli and half the lime juice in a medium bowl with the tomatoes.
- 4Mash avocado in a small bowl with remaining lime juice.
- 5Warm tortillas according to packet directions. Top warmed tortillas with bean mixture, avocado, spinach and cheese.
Jalapeño chillies are quite hot, omit them if serving to children, if you like. Flour or wholemeal tortillas can be used instead of the corn tortillas.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsToday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotToday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladToday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019