- 250 gram (8 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 420 gram (13½ ounces) canned kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped pickled jalapeño chillies (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large avocado
- 8 corn tortillas
- 50 gram (1½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (120g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1Preheat grill (broiler).
- 2Combine tomatoes and oil in a small shallow flameproof dish; grill about 15 minutes or until tomatoes have softened.
- 3Combine beans, parsley, chilli and half the lime juice in a medium bowl with the tomatoes.
- 4Mash avocado in a small bowl with remaining lime juice.
- 5Warm tortillas according to packet directions. Top warmed tortillas with bean mixture, avocado, spinach and cheese.
Jalapeño chillies are quite hot, omit them if serving to children, if you like. Flour or wholemeal tortillas can be used instead of the corn tortillas.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020