- 4 rindless bacon rashers, halved
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 soft, split white bread rolls
- 20 gram butter, softened (optional)
- 1/3 cup tomato chutney
- 4 leaves trimmed baby cos
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, halved
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat on high. Add bacon and cook 2-3 minutes, turning, until golden and crisp. Push to one side of pan.
- 2Add oil to same pan. Fry eggs for 2 minutes, until cooked to taste.
- 3Spread each roll with butter and chutney. Top with lettuce, cheese and a tomato slice.
- 4Place bacon and egg on top and serve.
If preferred, use toasted thick bread instead of rolls. You could also scramble the eggs, to avoid dripping egg-yolks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020