- 4 rindless bacon rashers, halved
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 soft, split white bread rolls
- 20 gram butter, softened (optional)
- 1/3 cup tomato chutney
- 4 leaves trimmed baby cos
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, halved
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat on high. Add bacon and cook 2-3 minutes, turning, until golden and crisp. Push to one side of pan.
- 2Add oil to same pan. Fry eggs for 2 minutes, until cooked to taste.
- 3Spread each roll with butter and chutney. Top with lettuce, cheese and a tomato slice.
- 4Place bacon and egg on top and serve.
If preferred, use toasted thick bread instead of rolls. You could also scramble the eggs, to avoid dripping egg-yolks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsToday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotToday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladToday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019