- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) milk
- 2 cup (500ml) cream
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
Bread and butter pudding
- 6 slice (270g) white bread
- 40 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease shallow 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2To make custard, combine the milk, cream, sugar and extract in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Gradually add the hot milk mixture to the egg mixture while whisking constantly.
- 3Trim crusts from bread. Spread each slice with butter; cut into four triangles. Layer the bread, overlapping, in the dish; sprinkle with sultanas. Pour custard over the bread; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 4Place the ovenproof dish in a large baking dish. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up sides of ovenproof dish. Bake about 45 minutes or until the pudding is set. Remove pudding from baking dish; stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Dinner date recipes to impressToday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieToday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesToday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersToday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlYesterday 11:51pm
- Coconut dessert recipesYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast dessertsYesterday 10:49pm
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeYesterday 10:12pm
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeYesterday 8:00pm
- Quick and easy plum tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 easy vegetarian curry recipesMar 29, 2020
- Sourdough rye breadMar 29, 2020
- Easy boston bunMar 29, 2020
- Aussie damperMar 29, 2020