- 750 gram cumquats
- 2 cinnamon sticks, halved lengthways
- 2 vanilla beans, halved lengthways
- 3 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cup brandy
- 1Wash and dry cumquats well, prick each one several times with a fine skewer or a thick needle.
- 2Place cumquats, cinnamon and vanilla beans into sterilised jars; pour over enough of the combined sugar and brandy to cover cumquats completely. Seal.
- 3Stand the jars in a cool, dark place for at least 2 months before using. Invert the jars every few days to help dissolve the sugar.
Buy cumquats when they are in season (autumn to spring). Serve brandied cumquats with ice-cream or use them in pies, puddings, cakes and crumbles. Drink the flavoured brandy as you would a liqueur.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021