- 750 gram cumquats
- 2 cinnamon sticks, halved lengthways
- 2 vanilla beans, halved lengthways
- 3 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cup brandy
- 1Wash and dry cumquats well, prick each one several times with a fine skewer or a thick needle.
- 2Place cumquats, cinnamon and vanilla beans into sterilised jars; pour over enough of the combined sugar and brandy to cover cumquats completely. Seal.
- 3Stand the jars in a cool, dark place for at least 2 months before using. Invert the jars every few days to help dissolve the sugar.
Buy cumquats when they are in season (autumn to spring). Serve brandied cumquats with ice-cream or use them in pies, puddings, cakes and crumbles. Drink the flavoured brandy as you would a liqueur.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021