- 750 gram cumquats
- 2 cinnamon sticks, halved lengthways
- 2 vanilla beans, halved lengthways
- 3 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cup brandy
- 1Wash and dry cumquats well, prick each one several times with a fine skewer or a thick needle.
- 2Place cumquats, cinnamon and vanilla beans into sterilised jars; pour over enough of the combined sugar and brandy to cover cumquats completely. Seal.
- 3Stand the jars in a cool, dark place for at least 2 months before using. Invert the jars every few days to help dissolve the sugar.
Buy cumquats when they are in season (autumn to spring). Serve brandied cumquats with ice-cream or use them in pies, puddings, cakes and crumbles. Drink the flavoured brandy as you would a liqueur.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022