- 750 gram cumquats
- 2 cinnamon sticks, halved lengthways
- 2 vanilla beans, halved lengthways
- 3 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cup brandy
- 1Wash and dry cumquats well, prick each one several times with a fine skewer or a thick needle.
- 2Place cumquats, cinnamon and vanilla beans into sterilised jars; pour over enough of the combined sugar and brandy to cover cumquats completely. Seal.
- 3Stand the jars in a cool, dark place for at least 2 months before using. Invert the jars every few days to help dissolve the sugar.
Buy cumquats when they are in season (autumn to spring). Serve brandied cumquats with ice-cream or use them in pies, puddings, cakes and crumbles. Drink the flavoured brandy as you would a liqueur.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020