- 3 green onions (scallions), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon dried green peppercorns, crushed
- 2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 stalks fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 60 gram cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 1Bring onion, pepper and wine to the boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until reduced by a third.
- 2Add stock, thyme, bay leaves and parsley; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced to ½ cup. Strain, discard herbs.
- 3Return sauce to same cleaned pan; stir in butter, piece by piece, over low heat, until sauce is smooth.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- 18 vegetarian lasagne recipesJul 22, 2021
- Very green veggie curryJul 21, 2021
- Spiced vegetable biryaniJul 21, 2021
- Cherry lattice pies for your pie makerJul 21, 2021
- Chicken and vegetable risottoJul 21, 2021