- 1 cup pitted dried dates, chopped
- 200 gram raw almond kernels, toasted
- 100 gram brazil nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1In a saucepan, heat dates and 3/4 cup water over moderate heat. Bring to a simmer; cover. Simmer 10 minutes or until dates are soft and liquid has evaporated. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- 2Process nuts in a food processor until finely ground. Add date mixture, cocoa powder and half the coconut; process until combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Using your hands, bring mixture together. Roll 1 tablespoon measures of mixture into balls. Roll in remaining coconut to coat. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Chill 30 minutes. Serve.
Toasting: To toast nuts, spread them over a baking tray, then place in an oven preheated to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Bake 7 minutes or until golden. Toasting: To toast coconut, place in a frying pan over moderate heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until light golden.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019
- Prawn and mango saladDec 02, 2019