- 1 cup pitted dried dates, chopped
- 200 gram raw almond kernels, toasted
- 100 gram brazil nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1In a saucepan, heat dates and 3/4 cup water over moderate heat. Bring to a simmer; cover. Simmer 10 minutes or until dates are soft and liquid has evaporated. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- 2Process nuts in a food processor until finely ground. Add date mixture, cocoa powder and half the coconut; process until combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Using your hands, bring mixture together. Roll 1 tablespoon measures of mixture into balls. Roll in remaining coconut to coat. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Chill 30 minutes. Serve.
Toasting: To toast nuts, spread them over a baking tray, then place in an oven preheated to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Bake 7 minutes or until golden. Toasting: To toast coconut, place in a frying pan over moderate heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until light golden.