- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 gram beef mince
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2/3 cup (170g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Oil oven trays.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add beef; cook, stirring, until beef is cooked through. Add paste and sauce; cook, stirring, until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- 3Cut sixteen 11.5cm rounds from pastry. Spoon 1/4 cup of beef mixture into centre of each round. Brush edges with a little egg; fold rounds in half to enclose filling, pinch edges to seal.
- 4Place turnovers on trays; brush with egg. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019