- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 gram beef mince
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2/3 cup (170g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Oil oven trays.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add beef; cook, stirring, until beef is cooked through. Add paste and sauce; cook, stirring, until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- 3Cut sixteen 11.5cm rounds from pastry. Spoon 1/4 cup of beef mixture into centre of each round. Brush edges with a little egg; fold rounds in half to enclose filling, pinch edges to seal.
- 4Place turnovers on trays; brush with egg. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frostingYesterday 11:22pm
- Lamb kofta with cucumber yoghurtYesterday 11:00pm
- Creamy salmon gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 of our best gnocchi recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy hot cross bunsApr 01, 2020
- Gluten-free banana breadApr 01, 2020
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakesApr 01, 2020
- Chicken, pumpkin and apricot tagineApr 01, 2020
- Salted honeycombApr 01, 2020
- Tuna mornayApr 01, 2020
- Flourless cakesMar 31, 2020
- White sauceMar 31, 2020
- Dinner date recipes to impressMar 31, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 31, 2020
- Princess-themed birthday cakesMar 31, 2020
- 100 years of Australian dinnersMar 31, 2020