- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 gram beef mince
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2/3 cup (170g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Oil oven trays.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add beef; cook, stirring, until beef is cooked through. Add paste and sauce; cook, stirring, until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- 3Cut sixteen 11.5cm rounds from pastry. Spoon 1/4 cup of beef mixture into centre of each round. Brush edges with a little egg; fold rounds in half to enclose filling, pinch edges to seal.
- 4Place turnovers on trays; brush with egg. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022