- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 gram beef mince
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2/3 cup (170g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Oil oven trays.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add beef; cook, stirring, until beef is cooked through. Add paste and sauce; cook, stirring, until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- 3Cut sixteen 11.5cm rounds from pastry. Spoon 1/4 cup of beef mixture into centre of each round. Brush edges with a little egg; fold rounds in half to enclose filling, pinch edges to seal.
- 4Place turnovers on trays; brush with egg. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceDec 05, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingDec 05, 2019
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Dec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladDec 05, 2019
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineDec 05, 2019
- Nutella cheesecakeDec 05, 2019
- White Christmas sliceDec 05, 2019
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019