- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 gram beef mince
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- sour cream and chives, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- 3Slice 1cm from the top of each potato. Using a teaspoon, gently scoop out potato flesh, leaving a 0.5cm shell.
- 4In a large saucepan heat oil on high. Sauté onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes until onion is tender. Add mince. Brown well for 4-5 minutes, breaking up lumps with the back of a spoon as it cooks.
- 5Stir in carrot and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Stir in tomatoes and oregano. Season to taste. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 6Arrange potatoes on an oven tray. Spoon beef mixture evenly into potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through and cheese is light brown. Serve potatoes with sour cream and chives.
Store leftover potato in an airtight container. Reheat and mash with milk, butter and seasonings as a meal accompaniment or topping to a shepherd's pie.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020