- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 gram beef mince
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- sour cream and chives, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- 3Slice 1cm from the top of each potato. Using a teaspoon, gently scoop out potato flesh, leaving a 0.5cm shell.
- 4In a large saucepan heat oil on high. Sauté onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes until onion is tender. Add mince. Brown well for 4-5 minutes, breaking up lumps with the back of a spoon as it cooks.
- 5Stir in carrot and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Stir in tomatoes and oregano. Season to taste. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 6Arrange potatoes on an oven tray. Spoon beef mixture evenly into potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through and cheese is light brown. Serve potatoes with sour cream and chives.
Store leftover potato in an airtight container. Reheat and mash with milk, butter and seasonings as a meal accompaniment or topping to a shepherd's pie.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020