- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 gram beef mince
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 medium kumara, scrubbed
- finely grated parmesan, parsley sprigs, mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on high. Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- 2Add mince. Brown well, breaking up lumps as it cooks. Stir in carrot, celery and paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Mix in tomato and wine. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, prick kumara all over with a fork. In two batches, microwave on high (100%) for 8 minutes until tender. Cool slightly, then using a small sharp knife cut a slit halfway through the centre of each kumara and remove a little of the soft centre.
- 5Pile bolognese into kumara. Top with parmesan and parsley sprigs. Serve with mixed salad leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019