- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed, chopped finely
- 1 small brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 small carrot, chopped finely
- 2 fresh long red chillies, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 45 gram (1½-ounce) piece pancetta, chopped finely
- 250 gram (8 ounces) minced (ground) beef
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) minced (ground) pork
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry white wine
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/3 cup (580ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 3/4 cup (60g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 250 gram (8 ounces) fresh cannelloni sheets
- 1Heat half the oil in medium saucepan; cook celery, onion, carrot, chilli and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add pancetta; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook beef and pork, stirring, until browned. Return pancetta mixture to pan with wine; boil, uncovered, until reduced by half. Add milk; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, until reduced by half. Add stock, undrained tomatoes and paste; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 1 hour 10 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Cool 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Oil shallow 3.5-litre (14-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 4Combine cream and cheese in large jug; season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 cup of the cream mixture over base of dish.
- 5Carefully tear each cannelloni sheet into three pieces. Place ¼ cup of beef mixture along one short side of each piece; roll to enclose. Place cannelloni, seam-side down, into dish; pour remaining cream mixture over cannelloni. Cover with foil.
- 6Bake cannelloni 30 minutes. Uncover; bake about 15 minutes or until browned. Stand 5 minutes before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019