- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 kilogram lean minced beef
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 410 gram can corn, drained
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 410 gram can savoury tomatoes
- 300 gram tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 450 gram flaky puff pastry
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 3 cup cooked mashed potato
- 600 gram frozen minted peas
- 50 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mince and brown.
- 2Add the next 11 ingredients. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes and check seasoning. Set aside.
- 3Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- 4Grease or line 6 pie pans (12cm wide x 5cm deep) with baking paper. Place pastry in pans, fill 3/4 with bolognaise sauce.
- 5Divide potato among pies and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- 6Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve with mushy peas.
- 7Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and microwave for 6 to 7 minutes. Mash.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022