If you love this recipe then try our pressure cooker beef bourguignon.
- 280 grams baby brown onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 kg gravy beef, trimmed, chopped
- 30 grams butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 rindless bacon slices (260g), chopped coarsely
- 400 grams button mushrooms, halved
- ¼ cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1¼ cups (310ml) beef stock
- 2½ cups (625ml) dry red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Peel onions, leaving root end intact so onion remains whole during cooking.
- 2Heat oil in large flameproof dish; cook beef, over heat, in batches, until browned. Remove from pan.
- 3Add butter to dish; cook onions, garlic, bacon and mushrooms, stirring, until onions brown lightly.
- 4Sprinkle flour over onion mixture; cook, stirring, until flour mixture thickens and bubbles. Gradually add stock and wine; stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- 5Return beef and any juices to dish, add bay leaves and thyme; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 2 hours or until beef is tender, stirring every 30 minutes. Remove from heat; discard bay leaves. Stir in parsley.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021