Blueberry yoghurt loaf
- 155 gram (5 ounces) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/4 cup (275g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (190g) greek-style yoghurt
- 155 gram (5 ounces) frozen blueberries
Blueberry yogurt loaf
- 1Preheat oven to 160ºC/325ºF. Grease 12cm x 22cm (4 inch x 9 inch) loaf pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm (2 inches) above long sides.
- 2Beat butter, rind and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 3Transfer to large bowl; stir in sifted flours and yogurt, in 2 batches. Fold in blueberries.
- 4Spread mixture into pan; bake about 1½ hours. Stand loaf in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days. Suitable to freeze for up to 3 months. Don't thaw the berries or their colour will run. Use fresh berries, if you prefer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeToday 6:02am
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked lemon and coconut tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Leek and mushroom lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional Greek recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 gluten-free dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best spaghetti bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate indulgence cakeYesterday 2:00pm