Blueberry yoghurt loaf
- 155 gram (5 ounces) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/4 cup (275g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (190g) greek-style yoghurt
- 155 gram (5 ounces) frozen blueberries
Blueberry yogurt loaf
- 1Preheat oven to 160ºC/325ºF. Grease 12cm x 22cm (4 inch x 9 inch) loaf pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm (2 inches) above long sides.
- 2Beat butter, rind and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 3Transfer to large bowl; stir in sifted flours and yogurt, in 2 batches. Fold in blueberries.
- 4Spread mixture into pan; bake about 1½ hours. Stand loaf in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days. Suitable to freeze for up to 3 months. Don't thaw the berries or their colour will run. Use fresh berries, if you prefer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021