- 2 cups (300g) frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch), extra
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
- 2Combine berries and sugar in a small saucepan; stir over low
heat until sugar dissolves. Stir in blended cornflour, rind and juice; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Mash mixture coarsely with a fork. Divide among four 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 3Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add extra sugar, beating until sugar dissolves between additions. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- 4Spoon meringue over berry mixture in dishes. Bake for 30 minutes or until meringue is browned lightly.
The meringue will sink a little after standing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019