- 2 cups (300g) frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch), extra
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
- 2Combine berries and sugar in a small saucepan; stir over low
heat until sugar dissolves. Stir in blended cornflour, rind and juice; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Mash mixture coarsely with a fork. Divide among four 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 3Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add extra sugar, beating until sugar dissolves between additions. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- 4Spoon meringue over berry mixture in dishes. Bake for 30 minutes or until meringue is browned lightly.
The meringue will sink a little after standing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019