- 2 cups (300g) frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch), extra
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
- 2Combine berries and sugar in a small saucepan; stir over low
heat until sugar dissolves. Stir in blended cornflour, rind and juice; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Mash mixture coarsely with a fork. Divide among four 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 3Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add extra sugar, beating until sugar dissolves between additions. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- 4Spoon meringue over berry mixture in dishes. Bake for 30 minutes or until meringue is browned lightly.
The meringue will sink a little after standing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021