- 2 cups (300g) frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch), extra
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
- 2Combine berries and sugar in a small saucepan; stir over low
heat until sugar dissolves. Stir in blended cornflour, rind and juice; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Mash mixture coarsely with a fork. Divide among four 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 3Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add extra sugar, beating until sugar dissolves between additions. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- 4Spoon meringue over berry mixture in dishes. Bake for 30 minutes or until meringue is browned lightly.
The meringue will sink a little after standing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceDec 05, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingDec 05, 2019
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Dec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladDec 05, 2019
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineDec 05, 2019
- Nutella cheesecakeDec 05, 2019
- White Christmas sliceDec 05, 2019
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019