- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- icing sugar mixture, extra, for dusting
- 3 punnet blueberries
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 cup (240g) thick vanilla custard
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Cut one of the pastry sheets in half; sprinkle one half with a heaped teaspoon of icing sugar. Place the other half of pastry on top. Roll the pastry up tightly from the short side, then cut log into 8 pieces. Repeat with second sheet.
- 3Dust benchtop with the extra icing sugar. Dust one pastry round with icing sugar; roll into an approximately 12cm oval. Repeat with remaining pastry rounds.
- 4Place the ovals on the prepared trays. Bake for 6 minutes, then turn over and bake for a further 6 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- 5To make custard cream, beat cream and icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick. Fold in custard.
- 6Just before serving, place a little custard cream on 8 serving plates to prevent pastry slipping. Place 8 pastry ovals on the cream, divide half the berries among pastries. Top with custard cream, then remaining berries and pastry ovals. Dust with extra sifted icing sugar.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Celebrate the Chinese New Year with these good-luck dishesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020