- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- icing sugar mixture, extra, for dusting
- 3 punnet blueberries
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 cup (240g) thick vanilla custard
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Cut one of the pastry sheets in half; sprinkle one half with a heaped teaspoon of icing sugar. Place the other half of pastry on top. Roll the pastry up tightly from the short side, then cut log into 8 pieces. Repeat with second sheet.
- 3Dust benchtop with the extra icing sugar. Dust one pastry round with icing sugar; roll into an approximately 12cm oval. Repeat with remaining pastry rounds.
- 4Place the ovals on the prepared trays. Bake for 6 minutes, then turn over and bake for a further 6 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- 5To make custard cream, beat cream and icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick. Fold in custard.
- 6Just before serving, place a little custard cream on 8 serving plates to prevent pastry slipping. Place 8 pastry ovals on the cream, divide half the berries among pastries. Top with custard cream, then remaining berries and pastry ovals. Dust with extra sifted icing sugar.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chilli barbecued haloumi recipe with zucchini saladYesterday 4:00pm
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019