- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- icing sugar mixture, extra, for dusting
- 3 punnet blueberries
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 cup (240g) thick vanilla custard
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Cut one of the pastry sheets in half; sprinkle one half with a heaped teaspoon of icing sugar. Place the other half of pastry on top. Roll the pastry up tightly from the short side, then cut log into 8 pieces. Repeat with second sheet.
- 3Dust benchtop with the extra icing sugar. Dust one pastry round with icing sugar; roll into an approximately 12cm oval. Repeat with remaining pastry rounds.
- 4Place the ovals on the prepared trays. Bake for 6 minutes, then turn over and bake for a further 6 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- 5To make custard cream, beat cream and icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick. Fold in custard.
- 6Just before serving, place a little custard cream on 8 serving plates to prevent pastry slipping. Place 8 pastry ovals on the cream, divide half the berries among pastries. Top with custard cream, then remaining berries and pastry ovals. Dust with extra sifted icing sugar.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019