- 250 gram plain chocolate biscuits
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 3 teaspoon gelatine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 250 gram packet cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 425 gram can pitted black cherries
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1Blend or process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter; process until combined. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base and side of a 20cm spring-form pan. Place on oven tray; refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug; stand jug in small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine dissolves; cool for 5 minutes.
- 3Beat cream cheese, sugar and juice in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth; transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Whip cream until soft peaks form, then fold into cheese mixture in two batches; fold in gelatine mixture.
- 5Drain cherries over a bowl and reserve 3/4 cup of the syrup. Pat cherries dry on absorbent paper. You will need half the cherries for this recipe (keep remainder for another use).
- 6Spoon 1/3 of cheese mixture into crumb crust, top with half of the reserved cherries; repeat layering, ending with cheese mixture. Refrigerate until just firm.
- 7Meanwhile, make topping: Combine the cornflour and sugar with reserved cherry syrup in a small saucepan. Stir over heat until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in orange liqueur. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 8Spread topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate cheesecake overnight.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm