- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 corn cobs (800g), husks and silks removed
- 6 x 15cm wholegrain tortillas
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 grams can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 medium pomegranate (320g), seeds removed (see tips)
- ¾ cup (200g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 fresh jalapeño chilli, sliced
- coriander sprigs and lime cheeks, to serve
- 1Combine half the oil and half the harissa in a small bowl; season to taste. Brush corn with harissa mixture.
- 2Cook corn on a heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over high heat, turning, for 15 minutes or until grill marks appear. Carefully cut kernels from cob, in sections if possible, using a sharp knife. Transfer kernels to a large bowl; cover to keep warm. Cook tortillas on grill plate for 30 seconds on each side or until light grill marks appear. Cover to keep warm.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and beans; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Add to corn in bowl.Stir in coriander, lime rind and juice; season to taste.
- 4Fold remaining harissa through yoghurt in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 5Divide corn mixture and pomegranate seeds among tortillas; fold in half. Top with sliced jalapeño and coriander. Serve tortillas with harissa yoghurt and lime cheeks.
After chargrilling tortillas, immediately rest them in a U-shape as they cool, this will prevent them cracking when you fold them to serve. To remove pomegranate seeds (arils), cut a whole pomegranate in half crossways; hold it, cut-side down, in the palm of your hand over a large bowl, then hit the outside firmly with a wooden spoon. The seeds should fall out easily; discard any white pith that falls out with them.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021