- 2 1/4 cup (360g) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- black food colouring
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) plain flour
- rainbow choc chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg in small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in the sifted flour, in two hatches. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- 3Roll the dough between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick; refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until firm.
- 4Using an 11cm bat cutter, cut out shapes from dough. Place bats on trays, Bake for 15 minutes; cool on trays.
- 5To make glace icing, sift the icing sugar into a small heatproof bowl; stir in the water and colouring. Stir over a small saucepan of simmering water until icing is pourable.
- 6Place bats on a wire rack, in a single layer; pour Glace Icing evenly over bats. Position choc chips on each bat for eyes. Stand until set. If icing becomes too thick to pour, reheat over simmering water, or stir in a tiny amount of extra water.
Un-iced biscuits suitable to freeze. Glace icing suitable to microwave. You can freeze un-iced biscuits between layers of freezer wrap for up to three months. Biscuits can be completed a day ahead; store, in a singe layer, in airtight containers.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021