- 2 1/4 cup (360g) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- black food colouring
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) plain flour
- rainbow choc chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg in small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in the sifted flour, in two hatches. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- 3Roll the dough between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick; refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until firm.
- 4Using an 11cm bat cutter, cut out shapes from dough. Place bats on trays, Bake for 15 minutes; cool on trays.
- 5To make glace icing, sift the icing sugar into a small heatproof bowl; stir in the water and colouring. Stir over a small saucepan of simmering water until icing is pourable.
- 6Place bats on a wire rack, in a single layer; pour Glace Icing evenly over bats. Position choc chips on each bat for eyes. Stand until set. If icing becomes too thick to pour, reheat over simmering water, or stir in a tiny amount of extra water.
Un-iced biscuits suitable to freeze. Glace icing suitable to microwave. You can freeze un-iced biscuits between layers of freezer wrap for up to three months. Biscuits can be completed a day ahead; store, in a singe layer, in airtight containers.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019