Bibimbap is a traditional Korean dish and translates to 'mixed rice with meat and assorted vegetables'. We've used sweet potato spaghetti instead of the tradional rice and we give options to pick your protein from edamame, steak or salmon.
Looking for more healthy food bowls?.
- 500 grams purchased sweet potato 'spaghetti' (see tips)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 175 grams broccolini, trimmed
- 1 large zucchini (150g), cut into thick strips or sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage (see tips)
- 1 green onion (scallion), sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons gochujang (see tips)
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1½ cups (225g) frozen shelled edamame (soy beans), thawed OR
- 2 sirloin steaks (440g) OR
- 4 x 115g salmon steaks
- 1Cook sweet potato 'spaghetti' following packet directions.
- 2Meanwhile, combine sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic in
a small bowl. Halve broccolini crossways, then halve thick stems lengthways; place in a bowl. If your choice of protein is edamame, place in another bowl with zucchini. Divide sauce mixture between bowls; toss to combine.
- 3Heat a wok over high heat. Stir-fry broccolini for 1 minute or until bright green; remove from wok. Stir-fry zucchini (and edamame, if using) for 30 seconds or until beginning to soften; remove from wok.
- 4To make chilli dressing, whisk ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- 5Heat half the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. If your choice of protein is either sirloin or salmon, brush with 1 tablespoon of the chilli dressing. Cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate; cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 6Wipe pan clean. Heat remaining oil in same pan; fry 1 egg at a time for 1 minute or until edge is crisp and white just sets. If using sirloin, slice thickly across the grain.
- 7Divide sweet potato 'spaghetti', vegetables, chosen protein, eggs and green onion among bowls. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You can buy sweet potato 'spaghetti' in supermarkets.You will need about a quarter of a small red cabbage.Gochujang is a Korean chilli sauce available from Asian food stores. If unavailable, use sriracha, available from supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 Treats To Wow At Your School Fete or Election Day Cake StandYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022