Best ever pork fried rice
- 2 tablespoon char siu sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 500 gram (1 pound) pork fillet
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 uncooked medium prawns (shrimp) (200g), peeled, deveined, with tails intact
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 centimetre (1½-inch) piece fresh ginger (20g), grated finely
- 115 gram (3½ ounces) baby corn, halved lengthways
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) snow peas, trimmed
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 4 cup cold cooked long-grain white rice (see tip)
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
Best ever pork fried rice
- 1Combine sauces in a medium bowl with pork. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 220°C/400°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 3Drain pork mixture; reserve marinade. Place pork on tray; roast 20 minutes or until just cooked through, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Transfer pork to a plate, cover; rest 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
- 4Heat a large wok or frying pan over medium heat, add peanut oil, then egg; swirl to cover base of wok, cook until just set. Remove from pan. Roll omelette tightly, slice thinly.
- 5Heat wok, add sesame oil, prawns, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 2 minutes or until prawns just change colour. Remove from wok. Add corn, snow peas and green onion; stir-fry 2 minutes or until just tender. Add half the omelette and half the coriander, then rice, bean sprouts, sauce and prawn mixture; stir-fry until hot.
- 6Serve rice mixture in bowls, topped with pork, remaining omelette and remaining coriander.
You will need to cook 1½ cups (300g) long-grain white rice for this recipe. When cooked, spread it out in a thin layer on a tray; refrigerate, uncovered, for several hours or overnight.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Fabulous frittata recipesJul 12, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020