- 250 gram ginger nut biscuits, broken coarsely
- 100 gram butter, melted
- 500 gram frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 4 cup (800g) ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar, extra
- 600 millilitre thickened cream
- fresh berries or flowers, to serve
- 1Grease a 22cm springform pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Process the biscuits until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until combined. Press the crumbs firmly over the base of the pan. Press with the flat base of a glass to level. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 3Blend or process the berries with the sugar until smooth. Push the mixture firmly through a coarse sieve over a jug or bowl using a rubber spatula; discard seeds.
- 4Process the ricotta and extra sugar until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Beat the cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold the cream through the ricotta mixture. Divide ricotta mixture evenly between three medium bowls. Fold ¼ cup of the berry puree through one mixture, 1/2 cup berry puree through the second mixture and 1 cup berry puree through the third mixture.
- 5Pour the darkest mixture over the biscuit base; smooth top. Freeze for about 2 hours or until firm. Cover remaining bowls and refrigerate. Pour the medium-coloured mixture over the layer in the pan; cover, freeze about 2 hours or until firm. Pour the remaining lightest mixture over the layers in pan. Cover, freeze overnight or until firm.
- 6Remove the pan from the freezer and remove the ring. Transfer the cake to a serving plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Just before serving, top with fresh berries or flowers and serve with remaining berry puree.
Suitable to freeze without decoration. Suitable to microwave. Test Kitchen tip: If using fresh flowers, wrap the cut stems in tape and remove before cutting. Cheesecake is best eaten within two weeks. You can also make this dessert in two small loaf pans.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022