- 250 grams fresh blackberries
- ⅓ cup (50g) unrefined sugar (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 medium beetroot (350g), chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⅓ cups (375g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1Combine blackberries, sugar and the water in a small saucepan over high heat; bring to the boil. Cook, mashing with a fork occasionally, for 5 minutes or until blackberries have broken down.
- 2Meanwhile, push beetroot through a juice extractor; you will need 1 cup (250ml) juice (keep beetroot pulp for another use, see waste not).
- 3Combine blackberry mixture, beetroot juice and lemon juice in a large jug. Cover; refrigerate until required.
- 4Place 2 tablespoons yoghurt into each of eight ½ cup (125ml) popsicle moulds; freeze for 30 minutes.
- 5Spoon beetroot mixture into popsicle moulds, stir in gently to swirl and create a ripple effect; freeze for 2 hours. Insert popsicle sticks in the centre of each mould; freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- 6Dip popsicle moulds briefly in water; remove popsicles. Serve immediately.
We used panela sugar, also known as rapadura, but any unrefined whole cane sugar can be used. If you don't have a juicer, simply blend the beetroot with 2 tablespoons water and pour through a sieve. Use frozen blackberries, when fresh are not in season. Use coconut yoghurt to make this recipe dairy free if you like.waste not Freeze the unused beetroot pulp from juicing in ice cube trays. Add frozen beetroot cubes to smoothies for an added fibre boost.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeToday 6:02am
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked lemon and coconut tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Leek and mushroom lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional Greek recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 gluten-free dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best spaghetti bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate indulgence cakeYesterday 2:00pm