- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 500 gram (1 pound) golden baby beetroot (beets), trimmed
- 500 gram (1 pounds) red baby beetroot (beets), trimmed
- 800 gram (1½ pounds) baby carrots, trimmed
- 800 gram (1½ pounds) baby purple carrots, trimmed
- 1 large red onion (300g), cut into thick wedges
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 180 gram (5½-ounce) tub persian fetta, drained, crumbled
- 1To make dressing, whisk ingredients together in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 3Scrub beetroot and carrots. Divide beetroot, carrot and onion between trays. Spoon half the dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Season. Roast 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender; cool slightly. Peel beetroot; cut in half (or quarters if large). Cut carrots in half lengthways.
- 4Stir mustard into remaining dressing.
- 5Arrange vegetables on a platter; top with mint and remaining dressing. Serve warm topped with fetta.
Orange carrots are known for their beta carotene content, while purple ones contain the purple pigment anthocyanin, a powerful antioxidant. Carrots share the same botanical family as parsnips, fennel and parsley; vegetables and herbs that they also partner well with in the kitchen.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic mashed potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Spicy guacamoleYesterday 1:00pm
- Red velvet cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Red velvet whoopie piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Pork dinner recipesYesterday 1:00am
- Soft ricottaJan 18, 2021
- Recipes and guide to the keto dietJan 18, 2021
- Zucchini ribbon skewers with tomato fetta saladJan 18, 2021
- Freekeh tabbouleh beetrootJan 18, 2021
- Eggplant bolognese bakeJan 18, 2021
- Kimchi 2 waysJan 18, 2021
- Lamington cream layer cakeJan 18, 2021
- Mixed berry coconut layer cakeJan 18, 2021