- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 500 gram (1 pound) golden baby beetroot (beets), trimmed
- 500 gram (1 pounds) red baby beetroot (beets), trimmed
- 800 gram (1½ pounds) baby carrots, trimmed
- 800 gram (1½ pounds) baby purple carrots, trimmed
- 1 large red onion (300g), cut into thick wedges
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 180 gram (5½-ounce) tub persian fetta, drained, crumbled
- 1To make dressing, whisk ingredients together in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 3Scrub beetroot and carrots. Divide beetroot, carrot and onion between trays. Spoon half the dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Season. Roast 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender; cool slightly. Peel beetroot; cut in half (or quarters if large). Cut carrots in half lengthways.
- 4Stir mustard into remaining dressing.
- 5Arrange vegetables on a platter; top with mint and remaining dressing. Serve warm topped with fetta.
Orange carrots are known for their beta carotene content, while purple ones contain the purple pigment anthocyanin, a powerful antioxidant. Carrots share the same botanical family as parsnips, fennel and parsley; vegetables and herbs that they also partner well with in the kitchen.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020