- 3 1/4 cup (485g) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 375 millilitre bottle light beer
- 1Grease 14cm x 21cm loaf pan; line bases with baking paper.
- 2Sift flour, salt and sugar into medium bowl; make well in centre. Pour in beer all at once; using spoon, mix to a soft, sticky dough.
- 3Knead dough on floured surface until smooth; divide in half. Knead each half; place in prepared pan.
- 4Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven about 50 minutes or until bread is browned and sounds hollow when tapped. Turn onto wire rack; serve warm or cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020