- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 35 gram packet taco seasoning
- 12 taco shells
- 8 lettuce leaves, shredded finely
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), chopped finely
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled mild chunky salsa
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan, add beef and garlic; cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until the beef is browned all over. Add the water, tomato paste and taco seasoning to beef mixture; stir until well combined. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- 3Meanwhile, place taco shells, upside down, on oven tray. Heat shells in oven, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until heated through. Using oven mitts, remove tray from oven, place on a wooden board.
- 4Divide beef mixture among taco shells; top with lettuce, tomato and cheese, drizzle with salsa.
Place the minced beef mixture, taco shells, lettuce, cheese, tomato and salsa in separate bowls on the table, and let everyone assemble their own tacos.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeToday 6:38am
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJul 13, 2019
- Classic sconesJul 12, 2019
- RatatouilleJul 11, 2019
- 12 tantalising tiramisu recipesJul 11, 2019
- Rabbit stifadoJul 11, 2019
- Rhubarb crumbleJul 10, 2019
- Leftover stroganoff baguetteJul 10, 2019
- Mulled wineJul 09, 2019
- Avocado toast with fennel sauerkrautJul 08, 2019
- Chilli con carneJul 03, 2019
- Apple pieJul 03, 2019