- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 35 gram packet taco seasoning
- 12 taco shells
- 8 lettuce leaves, shredded finely
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), chopped finely
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled mild chunky salsa
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan, add beef and garlic; cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until the beef is browned all over. Add the water, tomato paste and taco seasoning to beef mixture; stir until well combined. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- 3Meanwhile, place taco shells, upside down, on oven tray. Heat shells in oven, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until heated through. Using oven mitts, remove tray from oven, place on a wooden board.
- 4Divide beef mixture among taco shells; top with lettuce, tomato and cheese, drizzle with salsa.
Place the minced beef mixture, taco shells, lettuce, cheese, tomato and salsa in separate bowls on the table, and let everyone assemble their own tacos.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019