- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 35 gram packet taco seasoning
- 12 taco shells
- 8 lettuce leaves, shredded finely
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), chopped finely
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled mild chunky salsa
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan, add beef and garlic; cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until the beef is browned all over. Add the water, tomato paste and taco seasoning to beef mixture; stir until well combined. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- 3Meanwhile, place taco shells, upside down, on oven tray. Heat shells in oven, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until heated through. Using oven mitts, remove tray from oven, place on a wooden board.
- 4Divide beef mixture among taco shells; top with lettuce, tomato and cheese, drizzle with salsa.
Place the minced beef mixture, taco shells, lettuce, cheese, tomato and salsa in separate bowls on the table, and let everyone assemble their own tacos.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Healthy lunch ideas you'll actually be excited to eatYesterday 5:43am
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020