- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 35 gram packet taco seasoning
- 12 taco shells
- 8 lettuce leaves, shredded finely
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), chopped finely
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled mild chunky salsa
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan, add beef and garlic; cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until the beef is browned all over. Add the water, tomato paste and taco seasoning to beef mixture; stir until well combined. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- 3Meanwhile, place taco shells, upside down, on oven tray. Heat shells in oven, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until heated through. Using oven mitts, remove tray from oven, place on a wooden board.
- 4Divide beef mixture among taco shells; top with lettuce, tomato and cheese, drizzle with salsa.
Place the minced beef mixture, taco shells, lettuce, cheese, tomato and salsa in separate bowls on the table, and let everyone assemble their own tacos.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019