- 350 gram fresh singapore noodles
- 400 gram beef stir-fry strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoon ketjap manis
- 1 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- coriander leaves, to serve
- 1Soak noodles in boiling water in a heatproof bowl for 2 minutes. Stir to separate strands. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Combine beef and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a bowl. Stir-fry beef for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- 3Reheat wok over high heat. Add remaining oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until soft. Add capsicum, garlic and curry powder; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender.
- 4Return beef to pan. Add noodles and ketjap manis; stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated. Divide noodle mixture among serving bowls. Top with bean sprouts. Serve with coriander leaves.
Use dried vermicelli instead of fresh Singapore noodles. Cooking time will vary. Ketjap manis is an Indonesian sweet soy sauce available in the Asian food section. You can use 2 tablespoons soy sauce combined with 1 tablespoon brown sugar instead. You can use budget beef rump steak cut into thin strips, or uncooked peeled prawns. Price will vary.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022