- 3 kg beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1Preheat a covered barbecue with all burners on low and hood closed until temperature reaches 180°C/350°F, or follow manufacturer's instructions.
- 2Season ribs. Place ribs in a large ovenproof dish. Place dish on barbecue; turn burners off underneath dish, leaving other burners on low. Cook with the hood closed for 2 hours, turning occasionally, or until tender (the ribs will be medium rare). Adjust the heat to maintain the temperature at about 160°C/325°F. Heat barbecue grill over high heat. Transfer ribs from dish to grill; cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Return ribs to dish; rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, make chimichurri.
- 4Serve ribs with chimichurri.
- 5Blend or process ingredients until chopped finely. Season to taste. Transfer to a bowl or jar; cover tightly. Refrigerate until needed.
Season the ribs and cook on a barbecue grill over a medium-high heat until browned both sides and done as desired. Chimichurri is also a delicious sauce for beef steaks such as rib-eye on the bone, scotch fillet, sirloin, rump, t-bone or skirt.Chimichurri can be made a day ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Fabulous frittata recipesJul 12, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020