- 3 kg beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1Preheat a covered barbecue with all burners on low and hood closed until temperature reaches 180°C/350°F, or follow manufacturer's instructions.
- 2Season ribs. Place ribs in a large ovenproof dish. Place dish on barbecue; turn burners off underneath dish, leaving other burners on low. Cook with the hood closed for 2 hours, turning occasionally, or until tender (the ribs will be medium rare). Adjust the heat to maintain the temperature at about 160°C/325°F. Heat barbecue grill over high heat. Transfer ribs from dish to grill; cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Return ribs to dish; rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, make chimichurri.
- 4Serve ribs with chimichurri.
- 5Blend or process ingredients until chopped finely. Season to taste. Transfer to a bowl or jar; cover tightly. Refrigerate until needed.
Season the ribs and cook on a barbecue grill over a medium-high heat until browned both sides and done as desired. Chimichurri is also a delicious sauce for beef steaks such as rib-eye on the bone, scotch fillet, sirloin, rump, t-bone or skirt.Chimichurri can be made a day ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsToday 5:00pm
- Salted honeycombToday 1:00pm
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesMar 30, 2020