- 75 gram (2½ ounces) softened butter
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped fresh chives and fresh flat-leaf parsley
Beef rib eye for two
- 2 x 500g (1-pound) rib-eye beef steaks, bone-in
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large flat brown mushroom (100g), sliced thinly lengthways
- 100 gram (3 ounces) swiss brown mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 100 gram (3 ounces) shiitake mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 100 gram (3 ounces) oyster mushrooms, torn in half
- 2 shallots (50g), sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Beef rib eye for two
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2To make anchovy butter, combine ingredients in medium bowl. Shape butter mixture into a log on large piece of plastic wrap. Roll to enclose; twist ends to secure. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Rub beef with 1 tablespoon olive oil, season. Heat oiled medium ovenproof frying pan over high heat; cook beef until browned both sides. Transfer to oven; roast, uncovered, 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 180°C/350°F; roast a further 15 minutes. Cover beef, bone-side down, loosely with foil; stand 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, make sautéed mushrooms. Heat vegetable oil in large frying pan; cook mushrooms, in 2 batches, over high heat until softened. Remove from pan. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same pan; cook shallots and garlic until shallots are soft. Return mushrooms to pan, stirring, until heated. Remove from heat, stir in vinegar and parsley. Season to taste.
- 5Serve beef with sautéed mushrooms and slices of anchovy butter. Serve with steamed green beans, if liked.
If your pan doesn't have an ovenproof handle, cover the handle well with several layers of foil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021