- 1/4 cup (50g) uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 500 gram beef mince
- 3 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 bunch coriander, thoroughly washed, roots and stems chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 6 green onions (green shallots), white and pale green parts only, sliced finely
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed, leaves separated
- 1Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Toast rice in pan, tossing, 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Place in a food processor (or use a mortar and pestle) and pulse until coarsely ground.
- 2Heat oil in the pan and brown mince, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and coriander roots and stems. Cook, stirring, a further 2-3 minutes. Add fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar.
- 3Remove pan from the heat and stir through green onions and half the coriander leaves, mint leaves and chilli (if using). Sprinkle with toasted rice and remaining coriander.
- 4Serve immediately alongside a platter of cos lettuce leaves. Serve with steamed jasmine rice and lime wedges, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022