Beef kway teow
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 2 tablespoon chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 centimetre (¾-inch) piece fresh ginger (10g), grated
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 gram (1 pound) beef strips
- 450 gram (14½ ounces) fresh wide rice noodles
- 6 green onions (scallions), cut into 2 cm (¾-inch) lengths
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (15g) coarsely chopped garlic chives
- 2 cup (160g) bean sprouts
Beef kway teow
- 1Combine sauces, cooking wine, sambal, garlic and ginger in small jug.
- 2Heat half the oil in wok; stir-fry beef, in batches, until browned.
- 3Meanwhile, place noodles in large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; separate with fork, drain.
- 4Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry onion and capsicum until capsicum is tender.
- 5Return beef to wok with sauce mixture, noodles, chives and sprouts; stir-fry until hot.
Garlic chives have rougher, flatter leaves than simple chives, and possess a pink-tinged teardrop-shaped flowering bud at the end. They can be used as a salad green, or steamed and eaten as a vegetable.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021