- 2 cups (400g) reserved beef mixture Middle-eastern beef
- 1 cup (150g) reserved herb couscous Middle-eastern beef
- 100 grams fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 12 sheets fillo pastry
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- ½ cup (140g) reserved yoghurt sauce Middle-eastern beef
Middle-eastern beef fillo cigars
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Combine beef mixture, herb couscous, fetta and parsley in a large bowl; season to taste.
- 3Place one pastry sheet on a work surface and cover remaining sheets with baking paper then a damp tea-towel to prevent drying out. Lightly brush sheet with butter, then fold in half widthways. Spoon ¼ cup of couscous mixture along one long edge. Fold in 4cm (1½ inches) of the short edges from both ends, then roll up tightly, forming a cigar shape. Place on tray. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- 4Brush cigars with remaining butter; sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with yoghurt sauce.
Cigars can be filled and rolled up to 4 hours ahead. Cover with baking paper and a slightly damp tea-towel; refrigerate until ready to bake.Cigars can be frozen for up to 1 month at the end of step 3. Thaw overnight in the fridge before baking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020