- 500 gram beef stir-fry strips
- 2 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup reduced salt soy sauce
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1In a deep, 24cm frying pan, heat a splash of vegetable oil on high. Cook beef in 2 batches for 1 minute each to sear. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- 2In same frying pan, combine stock, mirin and soy. Bring to the boil on high. Reduce the heat to low.
- 3Pour in the eggs in a thin steady stream and allow to spread in the pan without stirring. Return beef to pan with juices.
- 4Cover and cook for 1 minute until the egg is just set.
- 5Serve in bowls with steamed rice and scatter with coriander, sliced green onion and sliced red chilli. Accompany with a flat bread of choice, if liked.
This dish can be prepared in individual bowls, and baked in the oven after step 3.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019