- 500 gram beef stir-fry strips
- 2 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup reduced salt soy sauce
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1In a deep, 24cm frying pan, heat a splash of vegetable oil on high. Cook beef in 2 batches for 1 minute each to sear. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- 2In same frying pan, combine stock, mirin and soy. Bring to the boil on high. Reduce the heat to low.
- 3Pour in the eggs in a thin steady stream and allow to spread in the pan without stirring. Return beef to pan with juices.
- 4Cover and cook for 1 minute until the egg is just set.
- 5Serve in bowls with steamed rice and scatter with coriander, sliced green onion and sliced red chilli. Accompany with a flat bread of choice, if liked.
This dish can be prepared in individual bowls, and baked in the oven after step 3.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Strawberry and almond friand sliceYesterday 9:00pm
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaYesterday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeYesterday 6:41am
- Chocolate caramel semifreddo with honeycomb and mandarinYesterday 5:51am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesYesterday 5:13am
- Magical mandarin recipesYesterday 4:37am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019