Looking for more savoury pie recipes?
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 grams minced beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ⅔ cup (170g) bottled passata
- ½ cup (60g) frozen peas
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Oil oven trays.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Increase heat to high, add beef; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until beef is browned and cooked through. Add paste, passata and peas; cook, stirring, until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in parsley. Season to taste.
- 3Cut each pastry sheet into quarters (you will have 12 squares). Spoon ¼ cup of beef mixture into centre of each square. Brush edges with a little egg; fold pastry in half diagonally to enclose filling, pinch edges to seal.
- 4Place pies on trays; brush with egg. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned. Serve with tomato sauce.
Cooked pies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021