Green apple slaw
- 2 large green apples (200g), unpeeled
- 1 cup (80g) finely shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 1 green onion (scallion), sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup (80ml) coleslaw dressing
Beef and bacon sliders
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 5 rindless short-cut bacon slices (175g), cut into matchsticks
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 600 gram (1 pound) thick beef sausages
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 12 medium round dinner rolls (600g), halved
- 1 cup (100g) grated pizza cheese
Beef and bacon sliders
- 1To make green apple slaw, cut apple into matchsticks. Place ingredients in a large bowl, season to taste; toss gently to combine.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add bacon and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until bacon has browned and onion is soft. Drain on paper towel; cool completely.
- 3Remove casings from sausages; place filling in a large bowl. Add bacon mixture and parsley; mix to combine. Divide beef mixture into 12 equal portions; shape into 10cm (4½-inch) patties (or slightly larger than the bread rolls). Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 4Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the patties; cook 3 minutes each side. Drain on paper towel, repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- 5Preheat grill (broiler) to high. Place roll bases, cut-side up, on baking trays; place patties on roll bases, sprinkle with cheese. Grill for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 6Top patties with slaw; sandwich with roll tops. Use a toothpick to secure sliders for serving. Place on a large platter; serve immediately.
Patties can be made a day ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019