Add whatever ingredients you like to mix up the flavour combinations. These baked treats are perfect for a morning or afternoon tea snack.
Basic muffin recipe
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 125 gram melted, slightly cooled butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Basic muffin recipe
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin pan or line with paper patty cases.
- 2Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
- 3In a large jug, whisk milk, butter, eggs and vanilla together.
- 4Make a well in centre of dry ingredients. Add milk mixture all at once. Mix lightly, until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix. Divide mixture among recesses.
- 5Bake 15-20 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar, if liked.
This mixture makes six 1-cup Texas-style muffins. If using Texas muffin pan, bake for a further 5-8 minutes. To make your own paper cases, cut squares of baking paper and make slits, or fold in each corner, easing into each greased muffin recess.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm