- 1 cup (200g) dried chickpeas
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Soak chickpeas in cold water overnight. Drain.
- 2Place drained chickpeas in a large saucepan with plenty of water. Bring to a simmer over high heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking water and ¼ cup whole chickpeas.
- 3Process remaining chickpeas and reserved cooking water until smooth. Add garlic, tahini, juice and oil; process until combined.
- 4Serve topped with reserved chickpeas, a little extra oil and pitta bread.
Use 800g (1½ pounds) canned chickpeas instead of dried; drain, reserving ½ cup liquid. Use only if needed to thin hummus.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What's in season in MarchYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli and Tom Yum prawn fried riceYesterday 5:12am
- Monte carlo biscuitsYesterday 3:00am
- Linguine with garlic prawns & chorizoYesterday 2:00am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 1:02am
- Chewy chocolate sliceFeb 26, 2020
- Chelsea bunsFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon pattiesFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon niçoise tray bakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla custard pieFeb 26, 2020
- Molten chocolate lava cakesFeb 26, 2020
- Mediterranean fish pieFeb 26, 2020
- Melt-and-mix strawberry yoghurt cakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla panna cotta with berry compoteFeb 26, 2020
- White wine mussels with pearl couscousFeb 26, 2020