Barbecued vegetables and haloumi
- 150 gram baby spinach leaves
- 200 gram char-grilled red capsicum, sliced thickly
- 250 gram grilled artichokes, halved
- 1/2 cup (80g) green olives
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- 400 gram haloumi cheese, sliced thickly
Lemon basil dressing
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Barbecued vegetables and haloumi with lemon basil dressing
- 1Combine the spinach, capsicum, artichokes and olives in a large bowl.
- 2To make lemon basil dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Cook mushrooms on an oiled, heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue), loosely covered with foil, for about 5 minutes or until browned and tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- 4On same oiled grill (or grill or barbecue), cook the haloumi slices quickly and in batches, over a high heat until browned lightly on both sides.
- 5Top the spinach mixture with mushrooms, haloumi and lemon basil dressing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022