- 270 millilitre can coconut cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup rum
Barbecued tropical fruit
- 4 bananas, unpeeled, whole
- 4 peaches, halved, seeds removed
- 4 nectarines, halved, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, sliced
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Barbecued tropical fruit with rum sauce
- 1Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Barbecue bananas for 8-10 minutes, each side.
- 2RUM SAUCE. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Increase heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened slightly. Set aside.
- 3Toss peaches and nectarines in sugar. Barbecue with pineapple for 3-4 minutes each side, until caramelised.
- 4Peel bananas and drizzle with rum sauce. Serve with the other fruits and ice-cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019