- 270 millilitre can coconut cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup rum
Barbecued tropical fruit
- 4 bananas, unpeeled, whole
- 4 peaches, halved, seeds removed
- 4 nectarines, halved, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, sliced
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Barbecued tropical fruit with rum sauce
- 1Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Barbecue bananas for 8-10 minutes, each side.
- 2RUM SAUCE. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Increase heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened slightly. Set aside.
- 3Toss peaches and nectarines in sugar. Barbecue with pineapple for 3-4 minutes each side, until caramelised.
- 4Peel bananas and drizzle with rum sauce. Serve with the other fruits and ice-cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019