- 270 millilitre can coconut cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup rum
Barbecued tropical fruit
- 4 bananas, unpeeled, whole
- 4 peaches, halved, seeds removed
- 4 nectarines, halved, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, sliced
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Barbecued tropical fruit with rum sauce
- 1Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Barbecue bananas for 8-10 minutes, each side.
- 2RUM SAUCE. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Increase heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened slightly. Set aside.
- 3Toss peaches and nectarines in sugar. Barbecue with pineapple for 3-4 minutes each side, until caramelised.
- 4Peel bananas and drizzle with rum sauce. Serve with the other fruits and ice-cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019