- 270 millilitre can coconut cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup rum
Barbecued tropical fruit
- 4 bananas, unpeeled, whole
- 4 peaches, halved, seeds removed
- 4 nectarines, halved, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, sliced
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Barbecued tropical fruit with rum sauce
- 1Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Barbecue bananas for 8-10 minutes, each side.
- 2RUM SAUCE. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Increase heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened slightly. Set aside.
- 3Toss peaches and nectarines in sugar. Barbecue with pineapple for 3-4 minutes each side, until caramelised.
- 4Peel bananas and drizzle with rum sauce. Serve with the other fruits and ice-cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020