- 270 millilitre can coconut cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup rum
Barbecued tropical fruit
- 4 bananas, unpeeled, whole
- 4 peaches, halved, seeds removed
- 4 nectarines, halved, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, sliced
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Barbecued tropical fruit with rum sauce
- 1Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Barbecue bananas for 8-10 minutes, each side.
- 2RUM SAUCE. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Increase heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened slightly. Set aside.
- 3Toss peaches and nectarines in sugar. Barbecue with pineapple for 3-4 minutes each side, until caramelised.
- 4Peel bananas and drizzle with rum sauce. Serve with the other fruits and ice-cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chilli barbecued haloumi recipe with zucchini saladYesterday 4:00pm
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019