Barbecued squid and chorizo
- 1 kilogram cleaned small squid hoods
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium red capsicum
- 2 yellow capsicum
- 2 uncooked chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 6 thick slices bread
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) olive oil
Black olive and parsley dressing
- 1/2 cup seeded black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup (80 millilitres) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, extra
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Barbecued squid and chorizo with black olive and parsley dressing
- 1Cut squid in half lengthways, then cut diagonally crossways into 3cm strips. Combine squid, paprika and garlic in medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Cook capsicum on heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue), until skin blisters and blackens. Cover capsicum with plastic or paper about 5 minutes; peel away skin then slice thinly, place in medium bowl. Discard seeds and membranes.
- 3Cook chorizo on heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) about 5 minutes or until chorizo is crisp. Cook squid about 2 minutes or until barely tender.
- 4Make dressing: In a medium bowl, combine ingredients; season to taste.
- 5Combine squid, chorizo and capsicum on platter; drizzle with dressing.
- 6Brush both sides of bread with olive oil; toast both sides. Serve with salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021