- 2 large green (unripe) mangoes
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoon (40ml) banana ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoon (10ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 500 gram pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup (125ml) banana ketchup
- 2 tablespoon (40ml) soy sauce
- 5 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1Make mango slaw: Peel and de-seed mangoes. Cut into thin strips (this should yield about 2 cups). Mix mango and all remaining ingredients in medium bowl until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2Cut pork in half crosswise. Cut each piece lengthwise into 3mm thick strips. (Strips will be 2.5cm- 5cm wide).
- 3Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Place pork in large re-sealable plastic bag. Add marinade; turn to coat well. Massage pork and marinade for 4-5 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4Remove pork from marinade. Thread pork onto skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 5Barbecue skewers over medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side, or until pork is cooked through. Serve skewers with green mango slaw.
Banana ketchup, or banana sauce, is a popular Filipino condiment made from mashed bananas, sugar, vinegar and spices. It can be found at Asian grocers or specialty supermarkets. Green (unripe) mangoes provide a sour, crisp tartness to foods, such as chutneys, pickles and salads. If you prefer chicken, use 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs in place of the pork.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019