- 2 large green (unripe) mangoes
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoon (40ml) banana ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoon (10ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 500 gram pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup (125ml) banana ketchup
- 2 tablespoon (40ml) soy sauce
- 5 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1Make mango slaw: Peel and de-seed mangoes. Cut into thin strips (this should yield about 2 cups). Mix mango and all remaining ingredients in medium bowl until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2Cut pork in half crosswise. Cut each piece lengthwise into 3mm thick strips. (Strips will be 2.5cm- 5cm wide).
- 3Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Place pork in large re-sealable plastic bag. Add marinade; turn to coat well. Massage pork and marinade for 4-5 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4Remove pork from marinade. Thread pork onto skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 5Barbecue skewers over medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side, or until pork is cooked through. Serve skewers with green mango slaw.
Banana ketchup, or banana sauce, is a popular Filipino condiment made from mashed bananas, sugar, vinegar and spices. It can be found at Asian grocers or specialty supermarkets. Green (unripe) mangoes provide a sour, crisp tartness to foods, such as chutneys, pickles and salads. If you prefer chicken, use 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs in place of the pork.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019