Barbecued lamb leg with lemon thyme salsa verde
- 1.6 kilogram kumara (orange sweet potato), cut into thick wedges
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, extra
- 2 x 800g butterflied lamb legs
Lemon thyme salsa verde
- 4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh lemon thyme
- 2 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
Barbecued lamb leg with lemon thym salsa verde
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Combine kumara, oil and chilli on a baking-paper-lined oven tray until well coated; season. Roast kumara for 40 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine garlic, rind and extra oil in a large bowl; season. Add lamb; rub oil mixture all over lamb. Cook lamb on a heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium heat for 15 minutes each side for medium or until cooked as desired. Adjust the temperature if cooking too quickly or too slowly. Transfer to a tray; cover with foil, stand 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, make lemon thyme salsa verde. Blend or process ingredients until well combined. Season to taste.
- 5Serve lamb sliced with kumara wedges and salsa verde.
You can ask the butcher to butterfly the lamb for you. Salsa verde can be made 6 hours ahead; cover surface with plastic wrap then cover tightly to prevent discolouring. Refrigerate until ready to use.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021