Barbecued lamb leg with lemon thyme salsa verde
- 1.6 kilogram kumara (orange sweet potato), cut into thick wedges
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, extra
- 2 x 800g butterflied lamb legs
Lemon thyme salsa verde
- 4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh lemon thyme
- 2 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
Barbecued lamb leg with lemon thym salsa verde
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Combine kumara, oil and chilli on a baking-paper-lined oven tray until well coated; season. Roast kumara for 40 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine garlic, rind and extra oil in a large bowl; season. Add lamb; rub oil mixture all over lamb. Cook lamb on a heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium heat for 15 minutes each side for medium or until cooked as desired. Adjust the temperature if cooking too quickly or too slowly. Transfer to a tray; cover with foil, stand 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, make lemon thyme salsa verde. Blend or process ingredients until well combined. Season to taste.
- 5Serve lamb sliced with kumara wedges and salsa verde.
You can ask the butcher to butterfly the lamb for you. Salsa verde can be made 6 hours ahead; cover surface with plastic wrap then cover tightly to prevent discolouring. Refrigerate until ready to use.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesToday 1:33am
- DukkahYesterday 11:00pm
- Mocha mi suYesterday 1:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Crackling hamYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make buttercream icing for cakes and cupcakesYesterday 1:11am
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- Millionaire's shortbreadDec 09, 2019
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingDec 09, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 08, 2019