Barbecued lamb leg with lemon thyme salsa verde
- 1.6 kilogram kumara (orange sweet potato), cut into thick wedges
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, extra
- 2 x 800g butterflied lamb legs
Lemon thyme salsa verde
- 4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh lemon thyme
- 2 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
Barbecued lamb leg with lemon thym salsa verde
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Combine kumara, oil and chilli on a baking-paper-lined oven tray until well coated; season. Roast kumara for 40 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine garlic, rind and extra oil in a large bowl; season. Add lamb; rub oil mixture all over lamb. Cook lamb on a heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium heat for 15 minutes each side for medium or until cooked as desired. Adjust the temperature if cooking too quickly or too slowly. Transfer to a tray; cover with foil, stand 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, make lemon thyme salsa verde. Blend or process ingredients until well combined. Season to taste.
- 5Serve lamb sliced with kumara wedges and salsa verde.
You can ask the butcher to butterfly the lamb for you. Salsa verde can be made 6 hours ahead; cover surface with plastic wrap then cover tightly to prevent discolouring. Refrigerate until ready to use.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- 18 vegetarian lasagne recipesJul 22, 2021
- Very green veggie curryJul 21, 2021
- Spiced vegetable biryaniJul 21, 2021
- Cherry lattice pies for your pie makerJul 21, 2021
- Chicken and vegetable risottoJul 21, 2021