Chilli barbecued haloumi with zucchini salad
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 750 grams haloumi cheese, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 medium (240g) zucchini
- 170 grams asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 50 grams sorrel leaves
- 1Combine juice, honey, oil, garlic and chilli in a small jug.
- 2Put haloumi in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour half the juice mixture over it; cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining juice mixture for dressing.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini and asparagus into long thin ribbons and rounds. Combine zucchini, asparagus and mint in a large bowl; place on a platter.
- 4Cook haloumi on a heated, oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue flat plate) over medium-high heat for 1½ minutes on each side or until browned lightly. Pour any remaining marinade from dish over haloumi; cook for 1 minute to caramelise.
- 5Serve haloumi with salad, drizzled with reserved dressing.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. If you can't find sorrel, use beetroot (beet) leaves, radicchio, rocket or spinach. Use baking paper on the grill plate to prevent the haloumi sticking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistToday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeToday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsToday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonYesterday 11:44pm
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkYesterday 1:23am
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaYesterday 12:02am
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019