Chilli barbecued haloumi with zucchini salad
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 750 grams haloumi cheese, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 medium (240g) zucchini
- 170 grams asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 50 grams sorrel leaves
- 1Combine juice, honey, oil, garlic and chilli in a small jug.
- 2Put haloumi in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour half the juice mixture over it; cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining juice mixture for dressing.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini and asparagus into long thin ribbons and rounds. Combine zucchini, asparagus and mint in a large bowl; place on a platter.
- 4Cook haloumi on a heated, oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue flat plate) over medium-high heat for 1½ minutes on each side or until browned lightly. Pour any remaining marinade from dish over haloumi; cook for 1 minute to caramelise.
- 5Serve haloumi with salad, drizzled with reserved dressing.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. If you can't find sorrel, use beetroot (beet) leaves, radicchio, rocket or spinach. Use baking paper on the grill plate to prevent the haloumi sticking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019