Chilli barbecued haloumi with zucchini salad
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 750 grams haloumi cheese, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 medium (240g) zucchini
- 170 grams asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 50 grams sorrel leaves
- 1Combine juice, honey, oil, garlic and chilli in a small jug.
- 2Put haloumi in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour half the juice mixture over it; cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining juice mixture for dressing.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini and asparagus into long thin ribbons and rounds. Combine zucchini, asparagus and mint in a large bowl; place on a platter.
- 4Cook haloumi on a heated, oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue flat plate) over medium-high heat for 1½ minutes on each side or until browned lightly. Pour any remaining marinade from dish over haloumi; cook for 1 minute to caramelise.
- 5Serve haloumi with salad, drizzled with reserved dressing.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. If you can't find sorrel, use beetroot (beet) leaves, radicchio, rocket or spinach. Use baking paper on the grill plate to prevent the haloumi sticking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mexican recipes for dinner tonightYesterday 11:37pm
- Balsamic honey pulled-pork bunsYesterday 10:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- ColeslawYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 ways with chorizoYesterday 2:00pm
- Aldi cast iron cookware on sale this weekendYesterday 2:00pm
- Singapore noodlesYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef recipes that will send you back in timeYesterday 2:00pm
- Chinese honey chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 2:00pm
- Crisp fried chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic white breadMay 25, 2020
- Tuna mornayMay 25, 2020
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesMay 25, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020