Chilli barbecued haloumi with zucchini salad
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 750 grams haloumi cheese, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 medium (240g) zucchini
- 170 grams asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 50 grams sorrel leaves
- 1Combine juice, honey, oil, garlic and chilli in a small jug.
- 2Put haloumi in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour half the juice mixture over it; cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining juice mixture for dressing.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini and asparagus into long thin ribbons and rounds. Combine zucchini, asparagus and mint in a large bowl; place on a platter.
- 4Cook haloumi on a heated, oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue flat plate) over medium-high heat for 1½ minutes on each side or until browned lightly. Pour any remaining marinade from dish over haloumi; cook for 1 minute to caramelise.
- 5Serve haloumi with salad, drizzled with reserved dressing.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. If you can't find sorrel, use beetroot (beet) leaves, radicchio, rocket or spinach. Use baking paper on the grill plate to prevent the haloumi sticking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021