Chilli barbecued haloumi with zucchini salad
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 750 grams haloumi cheese, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 medium (240g) zucchini
- 170 grams asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 50 grams sorrel leaves
- 1Combine juice, honey, oil, garlic and chilli in a small jug.
- 2Put haloumi in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour half the juice mixture over it; cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining juice mixture for dressing.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini and asparagus into long thin ribbons and rounds. Combine zucchini, asparagus and mint in a large bowl; place on a platter.
- 4Cook haloumi on a heated, oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue flat plate) over medium-high heat for 1½ minutes on each side or until browned lightly. Pour any remaining marinade from dish over haloumi; cook for 1 minute to caramelise.
- 5Serve haloumi with salad, drizzled with reserved dressing.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. If you can't find sorrel, use beetroot (beet) leaves, radicchio, rocket or spinach. Use baking paper on the grill plate to prevent the haloumi sticking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020