Chilli barbecued haloumi with zucchini salad
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 750 grams haloumi cheese, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 medium (240g) zucchini
- 170 grams asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 50 grams sorrel leaves
- 1Combine juice, honey, oil, garlic and chilli in a small jug.
- 2Put haloumi in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour half the juice mixture over it; cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining juice mixture for dressing.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini and asparagus into long thin ribbons and rounds. Combine zucchini, asparagus and mint in a large bowl; place on a platter.
- 4Cook haloumi on a heated, oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue flat plate) over medium-high heat for 1½ minutes on each side or until browned lightly. Pour any remaining marinade from dish over haloumi; cook for 1 minute to caramelise.
- 5Serve haloumi with salad, drizzled with reserved dressing.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. If you can't find sorrel, use beetroot (beet) leaves, radicchio, rocket or spinach. Use baking paper on the grill plate to prevent the haloumi sticking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken curry recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Peanut butter cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey joysYesterday 1:00pm
- French toastYesterday 1:00pm
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingYesterday 6:11am
- Windsor shortbreadYesterday 5:10am
- Coconut riceYesterday 4:54am
- Best burger recipesYesterday 4:33am
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsYesterday 3:55am
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakYesterday 3:38am
- Spiced apple filo coilYesterday 3:11am
- Lemon curd cakeYesterday 3:01am
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019